WHAT IS LIP FILLER IN HOUSTON?
Having a full and beautiful smile often has a significant impact on how confident a person feels about their overall appearance. If you are unhappy with the look of your smile, it can be very apparent when communicating with others or while taking pictures. Thinning lips are a common concern for many women and can be the result of several factors, including genetics and age. Dr. Robert Peterson can perform a customized lip enhancement procedure to provide you with the fullness you want for your lips.
Dr. Robert Peterson performs lip enhancement using injections of fillers or excess fat to give Houston women and men results that are designed for their facial features and appear completely natural. Your consultation will help to determine what are the best lip fillers for you and which method of lip enhancement will be best for your unique situation.
Dr. Robert Peterson performs lip enhancement both as a non-surgical procedure with fillers and by using fat transfer for a natural lip augmentation. Other plastic surgeons use silicone implants, which can result in an unnatural appearance of the lips.
During your consultation, Dr. Robert Peterson will listen to your goals and expectations to help determine the best lip enhancement method for you. The two of you will also discuss the size you want for your lips as well as how to maintain a more natural appearance.
With the fat transfer method, Dr. Robert Peterson will perform your procedure under either local or general anesthesia. The necessary fat cells will be grafted from another area of the body using minimal liposuction. The harvested fat cells are then prepared for injection and then used to enhance your lips to your goal size. With the filler method, Dr. Robert Peterson will use non-surgical dermal fillers, such as Juvéderm, to provide you with your desired outcome.
Both methods Dr. Robert Peterson uses for lip enhancement have provided many patients with beautiful, natural-looking results.
What is the recovery time for Lip Filler?
There is very little to no recovery time required following your lip enhancement. If your lip enhancement was performed using fillers, you should be able to return to your daily routine fairly quickly. Fat transfer lip enhancement may require a few days of rest depending on where the fat cells were grafted from.
Your lips may feel a bit tight or sore immediately following your treatment and it is normal that at first, they look slightly larger than you expected. As your body absorbs some of the injected fat or filler, your final results will begin to show.
Patients who have undergone a lip enhancement procedure at Plastic Surgery Houston are often thrilled with their results. By achieving a natural-looking fullness of the lips, you will likely feel more confident about your overall appearance and smile more often.
How much does Lip Augmentation Cost?
The price of lip augmentation procedures (both surgical and non-surgical) depends on the specific needs and goals of each individual patient.
If you think lip enhancement may be the right treatment for you, we invite you to give our office a call to schedule your consultation with Dr. Robert Peterson.
What is Lip Augmentation in Houston?
Lip Augmentation includes a suite of procedures that add or restore volume to the lips and smooth vertical lines around the lips and mouth. While surgical procedures, such as lip implants, remain an option, cosmetic surgeons are increasingly using minimally invasive treatments to achieve very natural-looking results that can last for up to 1 year or longer. Learn more about your options to get the youthful, plump lips you desire: Why consider lip augmentation? What are my treatment options? Dermal filler injections Fat Injections Lip implants
How would I look with Lip Augmentation?
If you are bothered by the appearance of thin, lined or asymmetrical lips, cosmetic treatments can address your concerns and help you feel more confident in your smile. Specific changes that a skilled cosmetic surgeon can make through lip augmentation include:
- Restore volume to thin or aging lips
- Smooth vertical lip lines
- Improve symmetry between the upper and lower lip
- Refine the shape of thin or flat lips
WHAT ARE MY TREATMENT OPTIONS?
Cosmetic surgeons use a variety of approaches to help patients improve their lip appearance, ranging from temporary filler injections to lip implant surgery. Many patients choose to start with a temporary treatment and later progress to a longer-lasting treatment.
DERMAL FILLER INJECTIONS
Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvéderm and Restylane products, are a popular non-surgical option, offering temporary lip enhancement at an affordable cost. When administered by an experienced provider, dermal fillers can last 4 to 12 months and achieve soft, natural-looking results. Depending on the product, fillers can boost lip volume, enhance lip shape, and smooth vertical lip lines (perioral rhytids).
BENEFITS OF DERMAL LIP FILLERS
- Treatments take only 15 to 30 minutes
- A skilled cosmetic surgeon can adjust the amount of filler used to achieve results with precision
- Little to no downtime is needed
- Improvements are usually noticeable immediately after treatment
- Results are final within 2 weeks
- Side effects are typically mild and include temporary bruising, swelling or redness at the injection site. Serious complications are extremely rare when treatment is performed by a qualified provider
- Treatments must be repeated periodically to maintain results
- Beautiful, natural results require a provider with immense skill and experience
- A very small percentage of patients may be allergic to ingredients in manufactured fillers
Autologous fat injections, also called fat grafting, use fat from another part of your body as a lip filler. Fat grafting typically involves liposuction surgery on a different area of the body, and the procedure can be done without incisions on the face or lips. Fat injections should only be performed by a qualified cosmetic surgeon with specialized training in fat transfer procedures. With such a provider, fat injections can achieve a beautiful augmented lip contour that looks and feels very natural and last for years.
BENEFITS OF FAT INJECTIONS FOR THE LIPS
- Fat looks and feels very natural in the lips
- Results can last for many years; once final results are achieved, you should not need to repeat treatment
- Risk of allergic reaction is close to zero
- No incisions are needed in the lips
- Fat injections require a surgical component
- A safe procedure and beautiful, natural results require a specially trained, highly experienced cosmetic surgeon
- Several days of downtime may be required, depending on the extent of liposuction performed
- Some injected fat may not survive in its new location, possibly requiring additional treatment to achieve the desired result
- Unsatisfactory results can be difficult to reverse (prevent this by choosing a qualified cosmetic surgeon)
Lip implants can achieve a semi-permanent lip enhancement for those desiring a more lasting solution with minimal maintenance. Implants are made from a soft, pliable silicone rubber or biodegradable substance and are best for patients desiring a noticeable increase in lip volume.
Experienced cosmetic surgeons typically perform lip implant surgery using local anesthesia, inserting implants through tiny incisions hidden in the corners of the mouth.
BENEFITS OF LIP IMPLANTS
- Results can last for many years
- When performed by a skilled cosmetic surgeon, lip implant surgery can take less than 30 minutes to perform and leave virtually undetectable scars
- Most patients require only 1 to 3 days of downtime
- A safe procedure and beautiful results require a highly experienced, qualified cosmetic surgeon
- Another surgery is required to remove lip implants
- Implants are not effective for smoothing fine lip lines
- All surgery carries some risk, including infection and bleeding